Terms and Conditions
All business undertaken, including any service provided by Scope Shipping (hereafter called “the company”) is transacted subject to the condition hereafter set out. All other condition is hereby excluded.
The company is a transporting Agent and acts solely as an agent in performing and securing services for the customer and entering into contracts on the Customer’s behalf with other person.
The company shall be entitled to enter into contracts for the carriage of goods by any route or by any means. Also for the lifting and installation of equipment and other goods and for the storage or handling of the goods by any person at any length of time.
The customer expressly authorizes – for the company to do such acts and enter into such contracts as are referred to in condition 3 on behalf of the customers.
The customer is either the owner or the authorized agent of the owner of the goods (including any containers or equipment) to which any business relates, and further warrants that he is authorized to accept and is accepting these conditions not only for himself but also as agent and on behalf of the owner of the goods and all other who are or may hereafter become interested in the goods, all such persons being hereinafter called “other owner”.
The customer warrants that the description and particulars of any consignment furnished on or behalf of the customer are accurate and undertakes to indemnify the company against all losses expenses and fines arising from any inaccuracy or omission is not due to any negligence.
The company shall not be obliged to make any declaration for the purpose of any statute or convention or contract as to the nature of the value of any goods or as to any special interest in delivery. Unless expressly instructed by the customers in writing.
The company shall be entitled to retain and be paid all brokerages, commissions, allowances, and other remunerations customarily retained by or paid to forwarding agents and insurance brokers.
No insurance will be effected except upon express instruction given in writing by the customers
Except under special arrangements previously made in writing the company will not accept or deal with any noxious, Dangerous, hazardous, inflammable or explosive goods or any perishable goods to the company or cause the company to handle or deal with any such goods, he shall be liable for all loss or damage whatsoever caused by or to in connection with the goods however arising and shall indemnify the Company against all penalties, claim, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever arising connection therewith and goods may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with at the solo discretion the company or any other person in whose custody they must be the relevant time.
Except under special arrangements previously made in writing to the company will not accept or deal with bullions, precious stones, jewelry, valuable antique pictures, livestock or plants.
Sale or Disposal of Goods
The company shall be entitled at expense of the customer to sell or dispose of:
- Goods which are not accepted or collected by the consignee within a reasonable time
- Goods which are not paid for by the consignee within a reasonable time
The company shall not be liable to the customer or owner:
- For loss or damage caused by any failure to carry out or negligence in carrying out the customer’s or owner instruction or by any failure to perform or negligence in performing the company’s obligations (whether such obligations arise by contract or otherwise), unless such loss or damage is due to the willful neglect or default or the company or its own servants.
- For consequential loss, including loss of profit or loss of market or deviation however caused
- For loss or damage issues from:
- Inefficient or improper packing or addressing
- The perishable hazardous fragile or brittle nature or the mechanical derangement of the goods
- Riots civil commotion strikes, lockout, stoppage or restraint of labour from whatsoever cause, whether partial or general or fire
- Failure by the consignees to take delivery within a reasonable time